Rostrum Voice of Youth is Australia's premier public speaking competition for secondary students. The competition provides secondary students with the opportunity to gain experience and confidence in expressing their views and communicating their message.
SA/NT 2015 Zone Final
The SA/NT Rostrum Voice of Youth Zone Final was held on Saturday 20 June the House of Assembly, Parliament House, Adelaide.
Rostrum thanks the Speaker of the House of Assembly, the Hon Michael Atkinson MP, for permission to hold the Final in the House, and the Premier and Leader of the Opposition for their representation through Ms Katrine Hildyard, Member for Reynell and Parliamentary Secretary to the Premier, and Ms Rachel Sanderson, Member for Adelaide.
Winners for 2015 were
- Junior: Aditi Tamhankar - St Peter's Girls
- Senior: Alexandra Teleman - Hope Christian College
Aditi and Alexandra represented SA/NT at the National Final which held in Sydney at Parliament House on Sat 25 July. Both did us proud: in a very high-standard competition Aditi came 2nd in the Junior Finals, & Alexandra was awesome in the Seniors but unfortunately did not win a place.
2015 Zone Finalists
- Tavleen Ahluwalia - Our Lady of the Sacred Heart College
- Amy Feldman - Home School
- Aditi Tamhankar - St Peter's Girls
- Vimbiso Chiodze - St Martins Lutheran College
- Stanley Feetham - Westminster School
- Alexandra Teleman - Hope Christian College
- Aiesha Baldry - St John's Grammar School
- Rickylee Peita - Hope Christian College
In South Australia, Rostrum Voice of Youth is proudly sponsored by